I’ve only owned one other RDA deck, and I used prebuilt coils for it. Building coils was slightly intimidating. After some time, I eventually stopped using that deck and stuck to tanks for the next couple of years.

I’m getting to the point where I want more cloud than anything, so I decided to buy a new RDA. Enter the Apocalypse. It’s a smaller deck, tight quarters and only two posts.

As the pictures show, I have been able to replicate a pretty consistent coil. In the range of 0.17 to 0.2 ohms. It’s a twisted, three strand 26 gauge kanthal with 5 wraps. In the above pics, I’m using the last of the previous batch I had made. Next I’ll be doing a twisted quad strand out of curiosity.

First heat up. Obvious hotspots.

Worked out most of the hotspots quickly, still wasn’t perfect but I worked it more after the video and evened it all out.

Wicked, juiced, and heating it up. I put the shield on because I was unbending the mouthpiece, which I bent earlier this week. By the way, the RDA is awesome but it bends easily. Thankfully, it only took about 20 seconds to fix it, and I didn’t even scratch the gold off! Pretty happy with it at 60 watts test fire, but upped the voltage to 100w for decent use. At 100w, it’s only drawing ~4.36 volts so I could almost push it to the full 150w that the Coolfire Ultra offers. I won’t, but I could.

Anyway, once my battery for the VGod Pro Mech 2 is charged, I’ll try this out on it. I’ll have to review that kit another time though. (Spoiler alert: I like it but I need a better quality battery.)

Advertisements

Posted by Wrexus